Sunday, December 13, 2009

friendship...

what kind of friend does the Lord call us to be? compassionate, loving, trustworthy, there for each other... are we to pour out and pour out with out receiving back anything? I feel that, that is the right thing, but its so had when you try and try and you get nothing. My heart regarding friendship is so mixed up. I want to be Christ-like...but i need to have someone pouring back in to me. God is the one who will fill me up...He will continue to fill me up as I continue to pour out His love. That a hard thing to do though when you pour out so much and it feels like you are pouring out so fast that your pitcher goes empty a lot. Should that be though? I know the answer...
I know that i need to have more time with Jesus. If I am going to continue to pour out like i do naturally, i need to make sure I am getting filled up daily! Lord help me to just be with you more...to have my time with you in the morning EVERY day. I am so horribly bad at that and I need your help at getting better.
Maybe if I call out to Jesus every morning and allow him to fill me up, then my mind won't be so jumbled about friendships. How how I just love Jesus...He will show me, guide me and teach me. I need not worry about what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment